The Dallas Morning News
Honoring Women of Distinction
April 18, 2006
The Dallas Junior Forum, a local women's service organization, has named Baylor University Medical Center breast surgeon Dr. Sally Knox and Senior Source executive director Molly Bogen as its 2006 Women of Distinction. The awards recognize one woman for exemplary volunteer accomplishments and one woman for outstanding service in a professional capacity. The Dallas Junior Forum provides more than 10,000 hours of volunteer service to the community each year.
Luncheon sponsors include:
- Silver ($2,500) – Exxon Mobil Corp., Nancy and Joe Foran, the Margaret and Al Hill family, Dianne Pasant, Susan and Jim Rolfe, Joan and Steve Smith and Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Bronze ($1,500) – Brinker International, Susan Caldwell and Pam Carpenter, Pam and Johnny Gutierrez, Hallmark Homes Inc., Joe Kendall, Joan Oxford, Mary Moore and Pat Sharman, Anne and Lawrence Slatter and Warner Group.
- Copper ($1,000) – Betsy and Joe Barrett, Debbie and Bob Begert, Ebby Halliday Realtors, KPMG LLP, Dallas Children's Advocacy Center League, Ford Family Foundation, Linda and Michael Mewhinney, Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, Karen and David Shuford, Law Offices of Mike Snipes, Betsy and Jim Sowell, Fay and Newt Walker and Todd A. Williams.
Part of the money raised will be distributed to charities where Dallas Junior Forum members volunteer. Funds allocated for 2005-06 are:
- Ronald McDonald House of Dallas – $25,000 for the renovation of the Parents' Cottage Kitchen, which is to be named in recognition of Dallas Junior Forum.
- uliette Fowler Homes Inc. – $25,000 a wheelchair-accessible minivan.
- Dallas Children's Advocacy Center – $10,000 for the 2006 Crimes Against Children Conference.